- Monument Chemical - Brandenburg
- Brandenburg, KY, USA
- Full Time
401(k), Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
Monument Chemical in Brandenburg, KY is seeking candidates for a Production Supervisor.
The Production Supervisor will perform a wide variety of duties essential to the operation of a chemical plant, consistenly adhering to all established safety and operating procedures. This includes but is not limited to:
- Work closely with the Production Superintendent, Shipping department, and Customer Service department personnel and the raw materials coordinator to determine the production schedule, raw material requirements, and minimum inventory levels required to meet both known and anticipated customer needs.
- Coordinate and manage the effective, efficient, and safe operation of reactor units in order to meet the agreed upon production and inventory requirements.
- Work closely with operations and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure that all product specifications are met.
- Develop and issue specific instructions regarding adjustments to operating parameters in order to optimize production yields and product quality.
- Provide blending instructions to production operators to assist in reworking Work-in-Progress (WIP) materials.
- Assist in developing cost effective projects to minimize generation of off-spec product and in implementing methods to rework this product, in order to minimize working capital and improve cash flow.
- Write and issue work permits for maintenance and contractor employees as needed.
- Help to achieve continuous improvement in both HSE and operational performance by way of involvement/interaction with the workforce and performance management.
- High school education and minimum 5 years' manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Distillation/continuous process experience preferred.
- Chemical industry and supervisory experience preferred.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills.
- Proficiency in using SAP, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
- Demonstrated ability to master specific product/process and equipment knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and optimize processes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand Government regulations (OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.) and how they impact day-to-day operations.
EOE AA M/F/Vets/Disabled -- http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf